Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The boring commute. AND vote now for my summer plan!!

Same old scenery on the daily commute - well at least you know which way is home... head for the mountains!
I live about a quarter of the way up the right hand one - Mount Seymour















So I have a decision to make. As you know my plan is to spend a year studying here. The actual plan was to do the studying in two semesters, Spring (Jan-Apr) and Summer (May-Aug) and find some work or bum around for the last few months up to Christmas when my visa runs out.

Well, it seems I was not told the complete truth. The classes I need to finish my course are probably not going to be available in the summer! So this leaves me with some options:

1. have the summer off and finish the course sept-dec (watch out world here I come for a four month summer holiday - if only I could get an old double decker?!) (yes yes, showing my age!)

2. do the courses that are available in summer and finish off sept-dec (lots of time on my hands to ride, ski, swim or whatever all summer with a light college load but have to stay locally to attend the classes!)

3. try to do the missing courses at other colleges in Vancouver - a bit messy - could have me attending 4 different colleges!!! Get to meet lots of people though going to 4 different places!!

Well, I wont know which classes are available until mid march so until then I'll be looking into the other colleges............... and flights all over the world - want to meet me somewhere exotic - suggestions on the comments please!

CASH PRIZES will not be awarded to anyone.

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO? VOTE NOW!

3 comments:

Delbert said...

Hi Skip
Do whatever your heart tells you to do and the thing you would enjoy most!!
Gill

Delbert said...

And I agree with mum.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Summer is very nice in Vancouver. However, winter is also pretty. Therefore, whatever you decide, you can enjoy your life in Vancouver. However, As Mr.Delbert said, do whatever your heart tells you to do and the thing you would enjoy most! ^__^ Well, can I get any cash prize.