Sunday, March 12, 2006

Come and ride they said.....

...the trails are dry they said. There's no mud they said.

They were wrong!

While I was in the country I managed to find time to get some miles in on a bike. Thanks to Marshalls Cycles for lending me a sweet rig to ride. And thanks to my dear mate Alix for riding with me. Despite the rain (and mud) we had a good time and even managed a personal first each - First up, Alix rode "Jaws" - a huge and very steep bank that scares the willies out of everyone....and then she did it again!! You go girl - so much more than a pretty face!!















Then it was my turn - Alix showed me a massive log which only Chris P has ridden. "Do you want to try it" she asked - Hmm I thought. Muddy, slippery log, strange bike and a dash of jet lag - possibly not ideal conditions. "do you want me to ride it?" I replied. Well not wanting to let the side down after Alix's earlier achievement, I thought I'd better try. So with more than a hint of doubt in my mind I had a go.....
.....and I did it! I'm not sure who was more surprised, me or Alix!

Alix, thanks for the ride hun

1 comment:

Delbert said...

Good work Skip.
Great to see you again.
Sorry about the weather.
See what we have to put up with eh?
And we can't even go skiing when it's shiv weather.