Monday, October 30, 2006

The Shore - by night!

Being a night ride, there weren't any pictures of it but it was fun. This was my first night ride in Canada and so obviously we started steady - with a black diamond - CBC. I know it pretty well (in the daylight) but it was really odd at night.

It was also my first time riding on skinny wood at night - that was the real wierd thing - I couldnt seem to find my balance - in fact so much so that I lost my balance and had to jump off the bike into the pitch black who-knows-what off the millenium log! Scary but fotunately I landed on nice level ground so no broken/twisted/strainded ankles - phew!

Since then I've done a couple more night rides but this time with a helmet mounted light and wow what a difference. It does make it hard to spot stuff on the track but you can still see where you're going when you jump!

Fun fun FUN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only takes a while for balance to kick in at night but then during the day your balance will be awesome