Monday, January 29, 2007

Snow, err.... hiking



A few of my friends went biking today but I had a lot of homework to do so I was quite happy when Michele suggested we should go for a hike up on Seymour. It was cloudy but it'd be good to get out in the mountains and do some exercise - little did we know there was an inversion and some spectacular views to be had - a good thing I remembered the camera!





We followed the snow-shoe trails but because of the melt-freeze-rain-freeze-melt-freeze weather the snow was pretty frozen solid - in fact so much so you could happily walk across the top of the "powder" - so we didnt need snowshoes although it was pretty slippery!!


I'll let you enjoy the photos..... (click on them for a closer look)




















Jon walking on powder












and with a special lens filter applied.....oh, alright I admit it was my sun glasses!













































Can you see the aeroplane?













Can you see it now?














































and then it was time to go back home to Metrotown (pictured) I cant wait to move this week - 2 days and counting :-D

No comments: