Monday, July 30, 2007

Sunshine Coast with the old (UK) crew

More than a few original haircuts are all part of the show....

I missed them last year for various reasons so I was more determined than ever to do some riding with my old posse when they hit BC this time. By my count this is the 7th Jedi Council Summer Field Trip. I made the first 5 (3 to Chamonix, 2 to Canada) before going native here

The plan was simple - meet them on the Sunshine Coast on Friday. Err, sorry make that Saturday morning - no? Oh well Saturday evening then? At last. Fortunately for me, when they didnt arrive on Saturday morning I had my new posse to ride with as it was the NSRide Sunshine Coast Ride the same day - sweet! (see next blog)


Here's Chaos on Janet's Jungle


















Stophe on Per-wotsits-street













Powerful Pierre

















Llew sending it on DNA














followed by (or perhaps preceded - I cant remember) Pierre












Because of the late start I decided to stay overnight in Chez-Honda - Johnny had lined up a beautiful campsite - if you like farmyards that is!











one of the residents













two bleedin great vans and they could only just squeeze everything in - 13 brits, 3 guides and one dog











at least the farm gave Johnny his first chance at intelligent conversation in a week!

The kidd was funny - it liked to headbutt your fist









crappy angle of a high skinny - its the one above the stream on per-wotsits street - 6ft high












Lairy Nick was one of about 4 I hadnt met before - 18 months out of touch brings a few new faces












Smiling Andy and Smiling Andy













This little jump is a lot more exciting than it looks - it was flat out through a 3ft gap between the trees

















This was the start of the rains that plagued us for 2 weeks after...

After a full day on Sunday I said my goodbyes about 5.30pm and headed off to get the 6.50pm ferry - which was full, as was the 7.25, and the 9.30 so I eventually got on board one just before midnight - ah well, c'est la vie

No comments: