Monday, December 03, 2007

Club (night) ride in the snow

We knew it had been snowing but as Tom would say, that's not unusual - up top it'll be puking snow and down below raining cats and dogs. We figured we could ride up to the snow at least

....only problem was, the snow was down to the gate! OK, plan B, ride until we couldnt...








it wasnt too bad most of the way as we could stay in the vehicle tracks - although on the switchbacks that all turned to mush... or slush I suppose...










Rich and I were leading tonight which was a littel embarrassing as we turned up together, late. Meg had taken the group up to Expresso and by the time we got there, they'd only just dropped in









This is the first ladder on Expresso - its not "steep" but it certainly isnt flat - it made for a fun run out in the snow thats for sure!











....skinnies were kind of a waste of time - this one got the better of me but a conversation a couple days later seems to shed some light on why my front wheel fell off it so easy:

Me: "I tried that skinny by the creek thats this big, but I lost my front wheel off the side for no reason"

Euan: "Dude, its only that big - thats why you lost your wheel!"

Oh, that explains it then - I was riding along snow supported by air - Doh!


It was a good ride though - fell off loads but had fun and no major injuries

:-)

No comments: