Thursday, February 28, 2008

Whistler with Sis, Mark, Fin etc

I guess the jet lag finally caught up with Fin.

The end of Feb finally saw my sister Jane making it over - she did have a good excuse not to come sooner - and here he is, out for the count in the back of my car

Jane brought not only Fin but his dad Mark and a bunch of their friends. The plan was a couple of days either end of the trip in Vancouver with a 10 day Whistler filler in the middle.




Fin was keen to get into gear for skiing but unfortunately the inability to stand up without skis kind made the odds of standing up on skis a little too steep so he sat out the activities in favour of hangin' in the village.









I managed 4 days with them sleeping on the floor (thanks for finding a space guys)

Some days it snowed. Wave Mark....










Some days it didnt - here's Al getting in some steep tree skiing at Seventh Heaven.

















I couldnt help but notice Fin's unusually large hands....












We ate well - this is the Japanese place where they not only cook your food fresh in front of you but....











....they also juggle things - very theatrical.

Oh, and the food was really good too (dont ask about Korean place)















On my last day I took the lads up Flute - the lovely GLC waitress Yarrow recommended it to them so they were keen for the 20min hike















here's Nigel S getting to the top - he'd flown in late the night before so wasnt quite on top form yet!




I did my first cornice drop today - although I was severly upstaged by this guy dropping the big cornice - but I was happy with my 8 footer :-)
















As you can see, it was pretty crowded






Triumphant!








Mother's Day at the GLC













I think Fin must have seen some of Kiyoka's self portrait photos on my blog cause he nabbed the camera an snapped this one off before I could get it back ;-)










Back in Van, saw a little sightseeing tour - the obligatory sights of:

Deep Cove



Capilano Suspension Bridge - I hadnt seen it before so this was cool for me too

















You wouldnt want to fall off it


















Fin, me and Mark (thats Fin on the left)















Did you know "you could fly two 747's tip to tip under the bridge" - I'd like to see that!!











Finally Grouse Mountain - not too clear but not bad. Thanks for coming out folkes and especially thankyou for bringing my nephew - it was good to get to know him a little better.

Come back soon?

No comments: