Monday, August 18, 2008

Crankworx '08

Hmm, well. What can I say? Crankworx is probably the biggest mountain bike festival in the world and definiately the best!

I've dipped my toe via the endurance downhill race a couple times now but had yet really get my feet wet! This year was different. This year I did the Dual Slalom (8th) the Garbanzo Enduro Downhill (again) (13th) and last but by no means least the Canadian Open Downhill.




Whistler crowds baying for blood on the slopestyle course





Traditionally the Canadian Open is gnarly. Very gnarly. This year was no exception. Once you got through the pointy rocky bits at the top you drop into some fresh trail that is quite possibly the roughest stuff I've ever ridden - oh and you're going mach1 just to make it more err, exciting!
If you survive the rough you're onto the rooty bit and believe you mean, it's rooty alright! Did I foget to mention something? Oh yes, that'd be the 30ft step down gap jump with the blind take off (see D gracefully floating over it left)


Gnarly it was, but I survive it I did. 7th. :D






D somewhere on Garbo









I can't wait 'til next year - maybe I'll take my camera next time ;)

No comments: