Saturday, December 06, 2008

A rainy day in Burnaby



With all the rain of late it's been pretty crappy riding in the hills. Since my first time dirt jumping the other week I've snuck off to the dirt jumps a couple times for a quick sesh which has the added advantage of getting me more comfy on the tiny bike! With this in mind, I wanted to check out the new(ish) skills park at Burnaby Mountain; I'd heard it's pretty good!











We were going to ride the hills but given the weather it seemed a great time to check out the park

It's pretty damn good although I would recommend going when it's dry as the woodwas very slippy and the ground a wee bit too soft between the jumps





Click on the videos to make them play!


It wasn't all bad though, the pump track was awesome and I even managed to ride along a cable in the extreme-skinny area!

I helped D with some pointers on manuals, bunny hops and pumping and in doing so I actually learned a lot myself - when we started I was only just making it round the pump track but by the end I was going so fast I could barely stay on it!












A happy, if soaked bunny

No comments: