Sunday, January 11, 2009

Local skiing - Cypress

So guy called me up and suggested heading up to the local hills for some snow action. I hadn't been locally for ages - not since last season when Jon persuaded me to get a pass for Seymour (something I still haven't forgiven him for) in fact I haven't been to Cypress since they've expanded it for the Olympics so I was keen to try it out

They installed a new high speed lift on the main hill and moved the old lift to some new steeper runs on the newly opened section of the mountain

The new runs were great - steep and deep and virtually no-one there

Unfortunately the old (moved) lift wasn't so great. After waiting for it to re-start for half an hour we (along with a hundred other people) gave up and hiked out




It was a 15 minute steep hike but gave us some exercise.


After the hike it didnt take too long to tire ourselves out so it was off home for a nice nap :)

The trails are good at Cyp so go, you'll have fun

:)

No comments: