Saturday, May 21, 2005

Sat 21st - What didn't I do?

Well today was quite a day. I went out around lunchtime to do a couple laps via the Huckwagon. On the first uplift I buddied up with Grant, an ex-Scot on a Demo9 and we hit CBC. While catching our breath at the bottom, Kit(?) and John from Hukk Bikes rolled up. I rode with Kit the other day, so he asked if I wanted to join them for some Boogieman action - hell yeh!!

Well they certainly didn't hang around - we totally ripped Boogieman, it was fantastic. Once at the bottom they offered a place in their truck to do another lap with them (thanks to John's girlfriend Dawn for shuttling). This time we hit CBC to start but at warp speed - other riders scattered as we ripped through!! It was quite a train the hang on to and made me think about going back to 8inch supsension again. We also hit a couple more extreme trails to drop down to Ned's which we followed all the way - what a ride - big airs, fast fast gnarly rocks, sweet. To finish off Kit took us to some dirt jumps - wow, lines everywhere!! And I did my first ever dirt jumps!! A long time coming. After our session I rolled home, showered and wandered off to Deep Cove for something to eat and drop into the shop.....

.....which is where I bumped into (Huckwagon) Tim again - he said "hey Martn, we're going for a couple laps, wanna come?" It being rude to refuse a ride on The Shore with locals, I rushed home and put my gear back on. And then it rained again! Thanks to Dub (again) for driving. We did CBC, Boogieman, Empress and pinned it all the way! Then just when we couldn't get any wetter, we headed over to Cypress and hit a quick (oh yes quick) Family Guy.

What a day - 4 runs - and all at race pace. Wild.
Oh and did I say I bumped into Andy and his wive from back home?

No comments: