Saturday, January 07, 2006

A place in the, erm... rain!

Today was house hunting, or more acurately "suite" hunting, otherwise known on the English side of the Atlantic as "masonette" hunting. Anyway, there was hunting, you get the picture. I spent most of the morning scouring the small ads and calling landlords (well I say that was what I was doing but in fact I did spend quite a while on email and MSN but more of that later). Anyway, it seems no-one is home on Saturday mornings in North Van! After leaving a dozen answerphone messages I went out for a bit of a drive to get a better idea of the different areas. While I was out I remembered to get a couple decent shots of the truck.....
































These were taken at Deep Cove which is beautiful at any time of year.....
Deep Cove Main street.......















I did eventually get a couple of calls so went to see a couple places. The first was a basement one bed with a kitchen that could only be described as a cupboard - kind of like a cupboard-under-the-stairs with limited head room and certainly no room to toss a pancake or two.

The second one was basically the middle floor of a house but entered from ground level (its on a hill). Its got two bedrooms, a big lounge (with open fire) and kitchen/diner, its own wash room, a store room (big enough for bikes) a small garden and a raised deck thingy thats ideal for BBQ/alfresco dining/working on bikes. So I've taken it!! I move in next weekend so I'll tell you more then!

Now that I've sorted that one, I think I deserve a treat so I'm gonna check out the snow reports tonight and hopefully head off to Whistler - I've got snow chains and everything! Tune in tomorrow to find out how it went! (If I went, erm, I mean go).

Later....

No comments: