Sunday, March 19, 2006

Up top with On Top

On Top Bikes of North Vancouver were 10 years old this week and to celebrate they had "a thing" at the shop - BBQ, 30% off sale and most importantly free shuttles! (shuttle: lift to the top of the mountain for you and bike) so I took my little bike down there...















of course, when you go biking in the mountains in March, you have to expect snow - the first few hundred metres had a couple feet of snow on the sides but the trail itself was pretty clear - a good thing to as the trail "Sex Boy" was pretty serious - a continual stream of steep rocky chutes covered in big roots - the sort of sections your average punter wouldn't dream of riding - but this is The North Shore - it's normal here















but I couldn't stay too long - more study to do! (oh and I was going out (again!))

1 comment:

Delbert said...

I felt scared just reading about snow over rock-drops and roots.
Ahh... lovely flat Hertfordshire.