Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Doin' my bit

At long last on Sunday I had a chance to give something back to the North Shore bike trails that I love so much. The North Shore Mountain Bike Association (NSMBA) run trail days every few weeks through the summer where they invite members and volunteers to come up to the trails and do some maintenance. I've never been here when they've done one before so I was looking forward to it.





















The weather was brilliant all week so it looked like being a great day of hard graft.....




















......until it rained all saturday night and sunday!
That's me below in the distance holding a big white bucket!































There were loads of people there - 50-60 I'd guess. Everyone got a free coffee and muffin at The Bean then got bussed up to the tails by Cove Bikes (even Chas, founder of Cove Bikes was working today(second from right below)) and Bush Pilot Biking (my friends Johnny and Barb).














We worked on "Corkscrew" and "Salvation" and I have to say we got a lot done! It was very wet, very cold and very dirty work but it was great to be doin' my bit. I just hope next time the weather is better. So if you need any advice on digging, collecting rocks or repairing worn out trails, give me a call!

No comments: