Friday, April 07, 2006

First Semester nearly over...

Kiyoka and I have finished all our assignments for this semester - just the final exams to worry about now. They're worth 30-60% of the overall mark so they're make or break for passing the courses. But for today, we went for a celebratory smoothie at The Cactus Club. mmmmmmmm.

We were driving up to downtown (thats the city to us Brits) and had a little time to kill so we drove through Kitsilano - it's THE place to live in Vancouver.
















Can you believe the park is 5 minutes from the centre of downtown!
Click on this one to see it better...





I even got to drive over Burrard Bridge today - a milestone for me cos I always used to have the web cam view of this bridge open when I was in England - you can always see what time of day it is or what the weather's doing click here to see for yourself (dont forget to scoll down)
















I usually go over one of the other bridges but now I feel complete.















Well, that's it folks. Nothing much to report. I was thinking of skiing this weekend but the weather's been great all week - so no fresh snow - I'll go next week I think.

And speaking of Kiyoka - who would have guessed by best friend here would be a 19yr old Japanese girl - and by the way, her arm's much better. She'll soon be able to ski again.

Later dudes...

2 comments:

Delbert said...

I think all of us should have a 19 year old Japanese girl for a best friend.
(did I just say that out loud?)
:O)
Glad to hear the arm is mending.
DB

Delbert said...

He he he........
Sorry Ma.
DB