Friday, May 05, 2006

Was it windy in Stanley Park?

Hell yes! Unfortunately the slight breeze in North Vancouver that I thought "might be rather pleasant" turned out to be a raging tornado at Stanley Park! - but we went anyway!

Since I've been here I've wanted to do the tourist thing and cycle round Stanley Park - just on the edge of downtown Vancouver. On Monday I finally did it and of course took my poor long suffering friend with me. I should have know it was a bad sign when I saw the birds flying backwards......

This is across the street from where Kiyoka is living now.....















We stopped for a quick photo op of the yacht club
















and my phone rang....couldnt hear a thing in the wind so had to shelter behind the sculpture thingy. Kiyoka thought it (I) was pretty funny
















After battling our way along the front for about half a mile, we got to Stanley Park where tourists walk, bike, roller blade or take the horse drawn bus round the sea-wall path. Kiyoka had to make friends with Jack and Dan















The far side on the Park was a little more sheltered - no surf on this side anyway. And a nice view of Lions Gate bridge with Cypress Mountain in the background
















After the exhausting couple of miles we were forced to stop for sustenance. Only the heathiest food of course - ice cream and chips!




















Being a park they have loads of stuff to do. There's loads of space to enjoy the park, a large(ish) rain forest, cafes, a small zoo and a big aquarium - think - sea-world. We didnt go in there today but settled for a play on the swings. Kiyoka enjoyed it so much.....





















...her head exploded!!





















Despite the wind, it was a really good afternoon and we will certainly go back when the weather is a bit calmer!
















Saw my first racoon today
















Kiyoka chasing a peacock to try and get in a photo it
















Stanley Park - another great thing about Vancouver

No comments: