Friday, June 16, 2006

Club Ride at Cypress

Did I mention that I joined a bike club? The Cove Club hasn't got going yet this year so I joined up with the other main North Shore Club Pedals and Pints which is run by John Henry Bikes

They ride every Thursday night and alternate Saturdays with groups for everyone. I skipped (no pun intended) the cross-country (up down up down) and all-mountain (up up, down down) and went straight to the shuttled downhill (down down down down!)

This is us dropping into our second run on Cypress last night, we did "Sexboy" I think and on our first run Reaper, Hosepipe, Lower Hogans and Family Guy.






My other ride with them was a couple weeks ago on (Mount) Fromme. As you may know, it's not possible to drive up Fromme so we had to ride up. It took about 70 mins and my legs about 2 weeks to recover! But the trails were fantastic. Not too technical but flowing and fun with a few stunts thrown it. I think we did, 7th Secret, Upper Oilcan, Expresso, Upper Crippler, Lower Crippler or something like that!!

The observant among you may have noticed the name - Pedals and Pints - yes, thats right, we all meet at the pub afterwards for a pint and some food :-)

Well, I guess I'd better do some study cos there's a whisper about rolling up to Whistler tomorrow.....!!!

No comments: