Monday, June 19, 2006

Shore Newbie


My regular readers will remember that I was helping Trung to find a bike (did I mention it?).
Well, he's now got one and has done a couple of rides with Jason. They were heading up Frome on Saturday so I went along.

To even the score a little, I took my cross country bike (4.5 years old and she still looks and rides like a million dollars :-))




As Trung is a beginner, naturally his first ride was on The Shore and this one, (his 4th I think) would naturally be down a black! (thats the advanced trail for the non-bike/ski people reading this)












Here he is proving too quick for the camera!















Aha! Got him this time













Jason's quite a good technical rider and has a good sense of self-preservation. Here he is on one of the many skinnys











Jason again


















Trung on the other hand, prefers to throw himself in headfirst - and quite a few times that's literally how he ended up!

10/10 for steepest learning curve imagineable!


It took us 2 hours to ride up, 2 hours to ride down. How's that for balance!

No comments: