Monday, July 03, 2006

Burnaby Mountain

Trung and Jason were heading up to Burnaby Mountain (which is in Eastern "Greater Vancouver") the other night. I hadn't been before so off I went to discover new trails and boldly go where Newman hadnt been before!

It started badly, after realizing I'd left my armour at home we had a half hour ride in stifling heat to get to the top


It was only then that I realised there is a road all the way to the top because Simon Fraser Uni is on top of the mountain!


Ah well, I was on the XC bike so it was pretty easy - the biggest problem was swotting the mosquitos without crashing - I couldn't outrun them in first gear!

The trails were fun, T & J ride here all the time so they knew where they were going, I just kept my eyes peeling for stupid stuff - of which there was very little


As usual in these parts, photos are a challenge due to the dim light in the thick trees - that is lots of trees close together - not 'dumb' trees!




oh, and not forgetting the problem of cutting peoples heads off in the photos.....


It was fun though, and I'll certainly go back for a quick cross country ride now and again - well, a 30 min climb then a 30min decent anywho!

Thanks for the ride lads.

No comments: