Sunday, November 05, 2006

Aachal's Birthday celebration


Last night I was lucky enough to go to Aachal's birthday celebrations with her friends and family at their temple

Here's Aach with Lena (name spellings now corrected by the lovely Aachal!)









obviously, Sari's were the order of the day for the women



















here's Aach looking up to me ;-)
with Andy (left) and Kaiwan











Kaiwan & Hovi














some family - from left to right Anjula, Ranga, Sashi, Aach, Kalpana & Shri, Christina













Kamesh, Manjula, Aach and Shlu (the Aunt/Uncle Aach lives with)












all the cousins














is Aachal tiny or is that a huge cake?












......(its a huge cake)




its traditional for family to feed cake to the birthday girl. This is Aach's gran (Dhana) - her favourite relative I think












one of her cousins getting carried away and getting cake on her sari, in her hair and all over her face!!












the birthday girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking at Martin's blog it looks like you had a great birthday. I would just like to wish you belated "happy Birthday" from Martin's Ma. I am so sorry I did not get to meet up with you whilst Tim and I were visiting Vancouver back in September. Perhaps next time Love Pam x