Sunday, November 26, 2006

More snow, and more, and more and MORE!!

It's been snowing for the past 24hrs all over Vancouver so it seemed like the snow might be pretty good in the mountains. We had planned to go to Whistler but we heard it was -21 and windy with only 12cm of new snow BUT we also heard there was 51cm of powder at Mt Baker in the good ol' US of A so - no brainer - we headed off down there!


and did we find snow? Oh my god yes we did!


















it was snowing heavily when we got there and it didnt let up all day












there was actually 2-3 ft of snow on the trees!!!


















although as a powder rookie I really struggled in the deep powder. I could manage with it just above my knees, but hadn't a hope once my legs dissapeared into it


here's Rich (blue) and Dennis - Rich is not standing behind a bump - that's just the snow depth!





It was a tough day today - my first ski day this season - powder at least twice the depth I've ever seen and skiing with people way beyond my ability - hardcore! By the end of the day I could hardly stand....

Steep and deep!







this was Rich's car when we finished - a good foot of powder. We cleared it off then went inside to change - when we came out there was already an inch on it!!










Amber had a few 'moments' on the way down the mountain - actually a lot of people had 'moments' - it took us about 90mins to get down the 15min access road - oh, and about 5 hours to get home through the blizzards (inplace of 1.5h) - we didnt see a single bit of tarmac through the snow and ice.....







....back in Vancouver there was a foot of snow!
This was taked outside my appartment.

Oh, and you wouldnt believe how good snow tyres are! Awsome dude.

Thanks to Rich, Kev, Amber, Ross and Dennis for waiting for me all day

1 comment:

Delbert said...

You're a lucky boy Skip.
We've had rain and rain and rain and rain.
No snow.
Loads of mud though.
Do you remember mud?
DB