Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm Moving!

At last, I've found a place to call my own (as long as I pay the rent) in Kitsilano :-)

It's right by the green arrow (click on the pic to see it bigger)

To those who don't know, Kits' is a district of Vancouver separated from Downtown (the city) by a bit of water (False Creek) - just at t'other end of Burrard Bridge

From my new place I'm a ten minute walk from Downtown or Granville Island (incredible market, shops, a museum and a water-taxi ride from Downtown) or even less to Vanier Park, home of "Bard in the Park" the summer long Shakespeare productions, the Maritime Museum, Space Centre (cough cough) and planetarium - home of the psychedelic late night show!


Mum should be happy cos when she checks "The Bridge" webcam it'll be the weather a couple hundred metres from my place :-D

Getting back to the "tour".... of course, the best bit is that I now only have 2 mins to walk to Kits' Beach - also pretty handy for watching the fireworks in the summer that are off Sunset Beach just across the water.






And next to the beach is Kits' Pool - all 137 heated meters of it :-D - I used to loose count doing a mile in a normal (25m) pool (60 lengths) - no such problems here - it's just under 11!!!

- I move in on 31st Jan or there-abouts - I even have an under-cover parking space!!

Well, I'd better get back to my economics homework

No comments: