Monday, May 28, 2007

Another great day on The Shore

I'm sure I wasn't the only English person to get a takeaway from my local curry house on Saturday night. But I wonder how many sat on the beach watching the sunset while they waited for it?










Went for some CBC laps on Sunday in preparation for the Ripper next weekend. I was apprehensive about riding my big bike - especially on the skinnies cos I've developed a bit of a habit of falling of it lately - but I seem to have put that behind me now and rode without incident.

Unfortunately the same cant be said for Derek - after two weeks riding in Peru with no mechanicals, one lap back home on The Shore saw him mangle his mech when landing a drop - it was completely torn apart but fortunately it only took out 2 spokes


Derek did an amazing job of riding the rest of the trails with no chain - riding some bits I thought were uphill! But it seemed it was time to call it a day so off to the pub we went ;-)



I'll be back on CBC with Rich and Jon in the week....

No comments: