Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Eagle - The Return

After living for 17 months in Canada I finally got to go back to Eagle Ridge...or is that Eagle Mountain? .....I'm not sure what the name is but I was sure I wanted to go back there since having to roll gently down it nursing some fresh injuries back in '05 with Mr Smoke

As Johnny likes to say it's "more 'core than The Shore". What he means is (I think) its like The Shore used to be many moons ago, before the high use, errosion and subsequent armouring of the trails. Sweet! :-) (the old style trails that is, not the other stuff)



Rich made the mistake of mentioning he was going there so immediately found himself with two extras with funny accents - Jon and I.

This pic is Rich "sending it" off the biggest jump on Four Lost Souls - a fun trail for sure - non stop jumps from top to bottom












The original English guy (I'm "the other English guy")












Rich again













Amber - she'd just come back from the Sea Otter in Nor Cal and by the time I got round to writing this she'd just podiumed at the Canada Cup DH in Quebec, or maybe Quebec's this weekend? Well, you get the idea - she's pretty nifty on a bike - this was her first ride on her new Brodie
DH bike but it didnt seem to take her long to get the size of it






and where are the pics of me? I took my big bike out but unfortunately couldnt seem to ride it today. I lined up a small drop onto some roots but spotted a nice line off to the left - unfortunately I went so far left I missed the line and landed my front wheel behind a big rock which did an impressive job of stopping the bike before the back wheel had a chance to touch down with predictable consequences for me. I was pretty winded and bruised so sat out the rest (ie 95%) of the day. Its all ancient history now (aside from the broken shifter).

I have to thank Julie and Barry for letting us join them and of course Rich and Amber. Oh and I hope you all accept my apologies for my hopeless riding !!

I guess my return attack on Eagle will have to wait another 2 years!

No comments: