Friday, May 11, 2007

Spring on the West Coast



Spring is in the air - at last! It's been a pretty rainy April but now that May has rolled around it's starting to look like Summer at last so we've been getting a lot more riding in. Especially since I've finished school. Oh, and I finished with a GPA this semester of 4.06 putting my on the Presidents Honour Roll again and overall it was 3.75 so my Diploma is "with Distinction" - not bad for an old boy!




Did my first day on Cypress last month - in fact this photo was taken just minutes after my nephew was born - this is prob the gnarliest bit of "5th Horseman" - its a gnarly rock section with two big steps close together and all steep - Derek and I spent the best part of half an hour scoping the line - then Derek stuck it, and I went over the bars on the run-in! Ouch - its better now though.












This was the beach last month - no-one in sight when I was running












some major driftwood's view of the city














Derek again - last week he forgot his riding shorts so had to reconfigure his wardrobe for the ride!
...no, not a skirt - trousers under his armour

oh, and notice we were still riding on snow last week!














last sunday was a trail day on Seymour - I missed the first two due to injury so was glad to get onto this one to help maintain our world class trails - the pic is from Corkscrew - I went for a walk there during the massive BBQ lunch















Work is a bit scarse at the moment so i signed onto a temp agency - here's me before i went to the interview - its been about 2 years since I wore a suit!









* WARNING: Bike content may bore some readers senseless *

I've been loving my little bike lately but now the trails are getting dryer (and faster) I've been feeling like I need some stronger forks for The Shore. Thank the lord for ebay - top of the line forks for end of line clearout bargain bucks! I was a little worried that they might be heavier - lord knows I dont want to carry anymore weight up Fromme! - naturally I havent got any scales so I employed a little ingenuity, a bit of wood and a tape measure and - Bob's your dad! A scale! Turned out they weighed exactly the same!!















as Fonzie would say: "eeeyyyyy"

Say hello to my (almost) new Fox 36 Talas Forks















And after fitting them, I went out for a quick test ride down the beach :-)






It was a little busier tonight













Just a quick snap of my kool lil' bike :-)

(spot the Heron)











Everyone gathers to watch the sunset - its like that Meg Ryan/Nic Cage film - something about Angels where they all watch the sunrise












The beach - well kinda



We (The Compliment Sandwich Team AKA Jon, Rich, Michele and I) are off to the second Ripper tomorrow - the SuperD - we go down about 30mins, up 10mins, down 20mins. Wish us luck :-)

No comments: