Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Arduum BC Cup


The BC Cup is made up of six races, Arduum is race two and is held at Red Mountain in Mission, behind the shooting range!
The track was first raced last year and you can tell because there is still a lot of loam on the track.

Here am I in a less loamy section

Photos courtesy of Corey










Rich

Its a very hard track. Even the start ramp is perched on top of a rough rock roll! After some really tight, steep and techy rocks and roots there's a 6-10ft drop off a big rock - now if the drop was the only thing to worry about it would be pretty much ok BUT the run in to the drop had riders squiggling over a few feet of seriously off-camber roots just 4 feet from the edge - not much room for corrections!!


Jenn slaying it as always but this time on her little bike with big forks borrowed from the big bike


















Jenn, like me took the Chicken-Dinner line round the rock drop - all the best people were ;-)



There were also a couple of gap jumps near the end of the track that claimed many a back wheel - the course marshalls stopped counting a little after 20! Jenn and I once more took the Chicken Dinner line










Brian O


















Brian B - next year I'll be relegated to the 40-49 category so I'll be up against my team mate Brian - or Bottom Bracket as we like to call him. Not sure how I feel about racing with the REALLY old boys. And no, before you even think it, I'm not 40 yet but next year is the year of my 40th birthday so I have to race the whole year in that category.






Here's me again. I was a little out of it again at this race - couldnt seem to get my head into riding so didnt manage the gaps or the drop and therefore felt quite down at the prospect of coming dead last. I figured out later it was my new tyres and lack of sleep which put my head in a strange place. I was trying to be ahead of the game by putting on wet weather friendly tyres knowing the track is almost always wet but as it turned out it was dry! The lack of sleep was because I was up at 3.30am watching the World Championships online - Well done to Danice for coming 15th IN THE WORLD!! Nice job :)

As it turned out, I had a clean run (around everything) and finished 4th su-weet!!

I'm really looking forward to the next BC Cup race at Panorama next week :)

No comments: