Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Rat Race

Regulars will know how much I enjoy riding on the Sunshine Coast. Each year they hold the "Rat Race" there for both cross country and downhill. Couch potato as I am, obviously I only entered the downhill. Some photos courtesy of Corey and Danielle Baker


The great thing about the Rat Race is EVERYONE goes - well pretty much, I can only think of a few who didnt (Fiona, Jon, Michele - we expect better next year!)

Here's Danice storming her way back from a crash to the podium





The course is really fun - a few small jumps, lots of roots and totally pinned everywhere (for my mum I should just explain pinned means really really fast ;-))

Here's Rich








Danice again, getting a bit out of shape in the sand dunes known as the berms

















heyhey! C'est moi!



















and things went pretty well - imagine my surprise when they did the medals (before results were published) and they called me up for 3rd place! Suweeeet!










One of the more interesting bits - the jump over the log - it caught out a few people but nothing too serious fortunately. I think the prize for crash of the day has to go to Penny who lost it landing from the log and face planted into a random log right next to her mum and dad! No problem though, she jumped back on and finished her run








and the lovely Danielle Baker, not only good behind the camera but looks sooo fast when captured in front of it too!


Everyone had a great time and loads of my friends podiumed so a great weekend and one I'm already looking forward to next year :)

No comments: