Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunshine Coast

Today was a good day - mostly.

Today I did my first ever dirt jumps :D
I was pretty excited. We were on the sublime Sunshine Coast enjoying the swoopy flowiness we love it for.

Here's me dirt jumping!







It started as a casual comment by me "it'd be nice to fit in another SSC ride before winter" and the next thing I know ten of us are on the ferry!



here's Rich styling it out












It was a great day. We did pretty much all the trails - well, the good ones!

The dirt jumps were just uphill of the "jumpy trail" that we always ride - They're only small but they are proper dirt jumps with steep trannies. I've looked at them before but today was the first time I'd ridden them. About bleedin time too!






The rest of the trails were in great condition - we even rode a new one I'd never seen before :)

We finished off the day on Mach Chicken- the downhill track that I saw my one and only podium finish on. Unfortunately on the third lap on probably the fastest bit if the track, my bike got bucked by a rock, then hit another and before I knew it I was sliding across the rocks upside down and backwards into a tree :(




After a few minutes, Tim helped me untangle myself from the bike and I limped on to the bottom.

Speaking of bottoms - mine took most of the hit and now its swollen I look like J-Lo from one side!!

It was a lucky escape and I'm grateful I wasn't badly hurt.

No comments: