Sunday, April 19, 2009

More Cypress


I'm starting to get the hang of the new bike now. It was about 7 months since I last rode a big bike so it's taken me a while to get the hang of it again but I'm starting to get faster on it now :)

Here she is in her natural element














Jon, Euan and I spent a little quality time on Cypress again the other day. Euan brought his camera so we did a few little photo sessions (on my Session haha)

Here's Euan on Sex-Girl (its the name of the trail - one of the best trails on Cypress)







Jon on the rocks


















Euan on the same move













Jon dropping a sniper downhill drop that comes at the end of along slippery rock - pretty scary to ride into as it feels like any minute the speed will get away from you, you'll miss the corner and fly off the rock into the rocks!! Nice one Jon













(Euan's pictures here on)

This is another view of the same move - although it doesnt look it, from me (background) to Jon is steep and slippery










This roll is a lot steeper than it looks - I almost couldnt work out where this was - until I thought back to where we'd stopped. a shame the photo flattens it. I was considering jumping it but the speed I'd land with frightens me! As ever with The Shore, it's not the move itself that's the problem, it's the run in and/or run out!

Riding by Jon.




Me on the big rock roll - again the photo flatterns it. It's pretty big and pretty steep but I have to say pretty fun (as long as you make the corner) ;)









Me on another techy drop - this is an optional line but I always go this way cos the rocks are off camber the other way and they freak me out!










How about in black and white?












Another angle of the same thing - I like this one - nice shooting Euan!


So another great day on Cyp - particularly as the conditions are so good right now (below the snow line that is) For now though, I'm concentrating on the fast trails to try and get my groove on before the racing starts.

No comments: