Thursday, March 29, 2007

Whistler....with only one plank

As my regular readers will no doubt recall, my efforts on the mono-plank snow sport have slowly been paying off and I can now do a reasonable impression of someone who knows what he's doing!

Armed with my new found confidence, I headed up to mecca, err...sorry, Whistler for my first big-mountain day on a board :-) Jason and D were kind enough to invite me along with them for the day. D (iane) is on a board for her second season so I thought I should be able to hang on to her a least.


Jason and D











It was a great day. The snow was good right at the top so we stayed there most of the day. I rode powder for the first time and I have to say I can now see what all the fuss is about - powder on a board rocks ;-)

Probably the biggest thing I noticed was how much bigger Whistler seems a) on a board cruising blue runs and b) compared to Cypress (5 min top to bottom)





Here's Jason and D again, on top of the world.

Thanks to them for a great day.

I'm looking forward to a couple more days this season and then a day boarding on the glacier in July ;-)

No comments: