Wednesday, January 02, 2008

back home......to Whistler ;-)


Only a couple of days after riding around Broxbourne singletrack I found myself back home in Vancouver. There'd been a fair bit of snow since I'd left but spread over the who 2 weeks. Conditions at Whis were a bit unknown - basically, like a lot of 'locals' I dont go unless there's fresh power to play in. Today there wasnt any fresh but there was still some around and it snowed pretty much all day too




















There was even some intermittent sunshine today which I have to say I dont think I saw once last season - didnt stop it from being brass monkey weather - the wind chill was cruel on the lifts








Poor ol' Rich was ill so it was Jon, Michele and I. Unfortunately (for me) Michele loves to feel the burn and when combined with her passion for powder this led to a her and Jon doing the hike up around the ridge off the far edge of Whistler's ski area - I stayed in the lift-accessed luxury of Symphony Bowl and met them an hour later - they had such a good time they managed to persuade me to go with them for a second lap


(above is Jon and Michele looking across at the ridge they're about to tackle)

This is the ridge - the chair lift goes to the top of the peak on the far right, then you ski down the valley to begin the hike up and along - takes about 35mins to get up to the drop off point




Here we are just about to drop in :-)

It was sooooo nice dropping into a foot or so of powder - still plenty of untouchedlines if you looked for them - well worth the hike - thank you to J&M for talking me into it!

No comments: