Monday, February 23, 2009

Pa's inTown

Dad and (stepmum) Janet finally came over in February to visit. Both avid skiers, they combined the visit with a week in Whistler.


Here they are during the obligatory trip up Grouse Mountain









....and at Deep Cove. It was a beautiful day....but it was still February and so not so warm!












I went to Capilano Suspension Bridge with Jane and Mark and concluded that although it was cool, it wasn't worth the $25 to get in. "People" say it's better to go to Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge which is Free! So we did. It was cool! I'm still not too thrilled to walk across these things but at least this one was small enough to have a hand on each cable!












They we in Vancouver for a few days so had a good poke around downtown but Dad also wanted to do a bit of history type stuff. Now BC has clearly been here for millions of years but it's only been inhabited by us Europeans for 150 years or so and therefore doesn't have too much in the way of historical monuments.

Which brings us to Fort Langley. The first trading post in BC and the birthplace of BC




They have an original building (sorry - didnt get a photo) and a load of replica buildings. It was pretty interesting stuff, particularly as most of the imported materials/tools etc were all from England.








All too soon the days past and it was time to head up the road to Whistler.

Obligatory stop at Shannon Falls, Squamish












Family Photo (dont get inmany of those these days!)

















As she was available and hadnt been toWhistler in eons, I invited my BFF Kiyoka to join us. She took lots of photos.



















a nursing stump- Janet things these are creepy
















I found out one night over dinner that it was Shrove Tuesday - Pancake Day!! I did my best to persuade Milestones to make me one but they wouldn't :(

Fortunately, there was a crepery just down the street.

Dad and Janet faded quickly so it just left Kiyoka and I to keep up tradition.

mmmm pancakes......


Token shot of me












After skiing, the tired aching muscles really benefit from a dipin the hot tub. At our hotel (Kiyoka and I DIDNT stay at the Fairmont Chataeux with Dad and Janet) the hot tub had an outdoor plunge pool.

It was a little odd walking through four inches of snow in bare feet - not to mention it snowing on us! Here's the proof as Kiyoka takes the plunge!













Dinner at Caramba :) mmmmmm Caramba!












I bet Kiyoka a desert that they didnt have Apple Pie. I lost. One time I'm very happy to loose! Good pie too :)

mmmmmm....apple pie

The visit went very quickly but it was great to spend so much time with Dad and Janet. I miss themand I do hope they come back!

No comments: